Kids On Bluegrass Europe !
This post is available in French or English.
We are really happy and proud to announce the EBMA event Kids On Bluegrass Europe, hosted in 2022 by Jam Hall.
Thanks to a warmhearted international partnership, this new event offers a new opportunity to European families loving Bluegrass music and values.
European Bluegrass Music Association, Jam Hall (France), Barcelona Bluegrass Camp (Spain), Czech Bluegrass Music Association, (Czech Republic), Cologne Bluegrass Bash (Germany) and the well known Bluegrass in La Roche Festival join together for this first edition, place and dates being in La Roche sur Foron during the 2022 festival.
Comment ça se passe ?
The workshop is open to kids aged from 6 to 16 (two groups). It will take place in the morning on Tuesday the 4th, Friday the 5th and Saturday the 06th of August 2022.
Students will work on two to four easy songs or tunes and perform on the Lunch Stage on Saturday, at the end of the workshop.
Every usual bluegrass instrument (fiddle, guitar, mandolin, dobro, upright bass, banjo) is welcome, and so are their cousins (ukulele, harmonica, dulcimer, autoharp...).
To participate, only basic playing is required : being able to play a simple melody and standard chords (G, C, D, A...) for back up, and of course singing is allowed !
Musical langage is simple, and the teachers Lluis Gomez (Spain), Maribel Rivero (Spain), Julia Zech (Germany) et Ti' Pierre (France) all speak at least English and of course their own languages. For other languages, the parents or guardians are welcome to translate, the talkings will be basic and simple.
Would you like a cherry on the cake ?
To promote this first edition, registering to all three mornig workshop and performance on stagecost only... 30 €.
More details (8 languages), inquiries and registering on the EBMA website or on our special page.
It will be the 1rst edition, so we do not have a video yet. But as an example, the pages above show a short video on the Barcelona Bluegrass Camp Kids 2020.
Article rédigé par Philippe Boutet & Ti' Pierre
- Alabama Monroe au théâtre
- Mad Meadows spirit
- Rotterdam Bluegrass Festival, june 23, 24 & 25 2023
- Cheat GPT and the Bluegrass composer
- Virton Spring Workshop 2023 : starting blocks !
- Les Cours De Patrick
- Festival L'Herbe Bleue
- Winter, rencontre et transmission
- The Black Indians exhibition in the Quai Branly Museum, Paris
- Jam : déménagement réussi !
- A banjo, three fingers, many melodies.
- Thank you for your support, we continue!
- Kids On Bluegrass Europe, now 2023
- La Roche Bluegrass Workshop, souvenirs côté stagiaires et côté profs
- Calendrier 2022-2023, le chant en stages.
- Tiens !? Un stage de chant en français !
- Soirée Hootenanny & Jam, ven. 06 mai !
- Rotterdam Bluegrass Festival
- Charles Albert Tindley, Becca Wintle and tears.
- The Stack, Bluegrass Singing Workshop
- Songcatcher, Old Time music, Appalachians mountains and cinema.
- Turkey in the Straw, the controversial.
- Roger Mason, toute une vie de transmission orale
- The California Bluegrass Association, momentum ... and more!
- Virton 2022, go !
- Le Stack ! Stage de chant bluegrass en deux parties.
- PiG Society, la causette.
- Mathilde Cousin, en harmonies.
- New Bluegrass Jam in Isere!
- Les musiciens, la jam et le crayon.
- Le Winter de FBMA, une belle occasion !
- Les 50 ans de Rounder Records
- Quelque part, à un certain moment...
- Banjo Newsletter suspends publication
- There were millions of them.
- The Earl Scruggs Banjo Songbook
- Guitare Bluegrass avec Bryan Sutton
- Doug Lang : I'll meet you on "Riverside Drive" for "Better Days".
- BBT Bluegrass Backing Tracks
- Back up Dobro, exploring the fretboard
- Tom T. Hall, the story Teller.
- Improvisation mélodique
- Bluegrass Backing Tracks
- Shove That Pig's Foot a Little Further in the Fire
- Je me lance à la mandoline !
- School of Banjo
- Acheter son premier banjo en France.
Vous aimez le Bluegrass, l'Old Time, l'Americana.
Vous aimeriez que ces musiques et leurs valeurs soient plus représentées