A banjo, three fingers, many melodies.
1 comment(s) at bottom of this page..
Bluegrass banjo workshop with HervÃ© Lascaux
This three-finger style workshop is scheduled on two weekends, with a month in between. This will give time to work on the first part notions before the second part.
Agenda : March 11th & 12th - April 15th & 16th, 2023.
Maybe you met HervÃ© Lascaux in Virton or at Bluegrass in La Roche. Sometimes with a mandolin, sometimes with his Gibson banjo..This is an excellent instrument and you can hear it in HervÃ©'s playing, songs, or fiddle tunes.
He also runs the Bluegrass jam in Rouen, at the "Comptoir des Pirates" cafÃ©.
During the first sessions, we will of course talk about rolls, licks, and different chord positions, building useful everyday tools, and aiming to be able to build your own banjo version of a song or tune.
We will work on several songs for everyone to practice.
The students will leave the first session with stuff to work on before...
...the second session. We will exchange the different student's results, then we will discover new techniques and practical examples. New work and practice.
This workshop will be hosted by Nathalie & Ti' Pierre in their home in Romagnieu (Isere, France), 70 km east of Lyon, 40 km west of Chambery.
The wooden house offers good sound, no unpleasant resonance, with a large lounge, a second room, the possibility to play outside (if the weather allows it), and a large Barnum tent, so several places to play and work at the same time.
We will share food for the meals.
65 â‚¬ for one weekend (55 â‚¬ if you are a Jam Hall member) or 120 â‚¬ for the two weekends (Jam Hall members 100 â‚¬).
A few free lodging possibilities.
Train station at Pont de Beauvoisin (7 km).
Why a two weekends organization?
We have been trying this before with Bluegrass vocals workshops,
A workshop is, of course, learning, and acquiring techniques, but also meeting new people, living and new experiences. One leaves a good workshop with a special and joyful flame, energy, and envies.
But modern life is not helping with keeping our inner flame alive, and the workshop dynamics may slow down too soon before the workshop results are completed.
The two weekends' organization motivates and encourages students to work on their inner flame, and enjoy the workshop's benefits longer.
You may want to watch a video on our Bluegrass singing two weekends workshops (French, 10 mn): stage de chant Bluegrass Le Stack, on youtube.
What skills do I need to register?
This workshop is not for full beginners. One must already be familiar with a few chord positions and practice the first basic rolls.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Merci de votre soutien en tant qu'adhÃ©rent, donateur ponctuel, en participant ou assistant Ã nos Ã©vÃ¨nements, ou juste en Ã©tant sympathisant.
Ce soutien est prÃ©cieux et nous permet de mener Ã bien nos projets actuels et Ã venir, stages chant, stages instruments, jams ainsi que la crÃ©ation de Kids On Bluegrass Europe qui semble promis Ã grandir.
- Christmas Bluegrass & Old Time Open Mic
- Méthode Wernick pour la jam, soigneusement pensée pour le plaisir des jammeurs.
- Éric Stefanelli, banjo-trotter
- Benoitt Dupeux, ingénieur luthier ou luthier ingénieux ?
- Hervé Lascaux, banjo-partageur
- Alabama Monroe au théâtre
- Mad Meadows spirit
- Rotterdam Bluegrass Festival, june 23, 24 & 25 2023
- Cheat GPT and the Bluegrass composer
- Virton Spring Workshop 2023 : starting blocks !
- Les Cours De Patrick
- Festival L'Herbe Bleue
- Winter, rencontre et transmission
- The Black Indians exhibition in the Quai Branly Museum, Paris
- Jam : déménagement réussi !
- Thank you for your support, we continue!
- Kids On Bluegrass Europe, now 2023
- La Roche Bluegrass Workshop, souvenirs côté stagiaires et côté profs
- Calendrier 2023-2024, le chant en stages.
- Tiens !? Un stage de chant en franÃ§ais !
- Soirée Hootenanny & Jam, ven. 06 mai 2023 !
- Kids On Bluegrass Europe !
- Rotterdam Bluegrass Festival
- Charles Albert Tindley, Becca Wintle and tears.
- The Stack, Bluegrass Singing Workshop
- Songcatcher, Old Time music, Appalachians mountains and cinema.
- Turkey in the Straw, the controversial.
- Roger Mason, toute une vie de transmission orale
- The California Bluegrass Association, momentum ... and more!
- Virton 2022, go !
- Le Stack ! Stage de chant bluegrass en deux parties.
- PiG Society, la causette.
- Mathilde Cousin, en harmonies.
- New Bluegrass Jam in Isere!
- Les musiciens, la jam et le crayon.
- Le Winter de FBMA, une belle occasion !
- Les 50 ans de Rounder Records
- Quelque part, à un certain moment...
- Banjo Newsletter suspends publication
- There were millions of them.
- The Earl Scruggs Banjo Songbook
- Guitare Bluegrass avec Bryan Sutton
- Doug Lang : I'll meet you on "Riverside Drive" for "Better Days".
- BBT Bluegrass Backing Tracks
- Back up Dobro, exploring the fretboard
- Tom T. Hall, the story Teller.
- Improvisation mélodique
- Bluegrass Backing Tracks
- Shove That Pig's Foot a Little Further in the Fire
- School of Banjo
- Acheter son premier banjo en France.
Vous aimez le Bluegrass, l'Old Time, l'Americana.
Vous aimeriez que ces musiques et leurs valeurs soient plus représentées