The Earl Scruggs Banjo Songbook
This post is available in French or English.
A collection of Earl Scruggs titles, augmented edition!
187 pages for a selection of 84 titles, and 13 songs with tablatures from those live DVDs which have never before been tabbed out in print ...
The transcriptions were made by Adonai Booth, Pete Billmann, Jeff Jacobson, Ron Piccione et David Stocker, assisted by a Scruggs family friend, Bob Piekel.
A Hal - Leonard book.
The summary was well concieved, one version in alphabetical order, another one by key. Each transcription's audio source is written.
This edition covers Scruggs career with Flatt and, for some titles, with Bill Monroe. Some scores were already in "Earl Scruggs and the 5-Strings banjo" first issued in 1968, reissued in 1992. Some of them were completed with the break or back-up parts transcribed from videos.
A great job especially in listening, writing and documentation.
We all have been trying to slow down vinyle records to work on Scruggs breaks and rolls. Now we have better and more practical solutions, but the listening part is the same.
Play it again and again until been able to write a tablature and practice again and again.
The Earl’s Scruggs Banjo Songbook can be of great help and be good company for in the evening. Keep pick'in !
Article rédigé par Philippe Boutet
- Mad Meadows spirit
- Rotterdam Bluegrass Festival, june 23, 24 & 25 2023
- Cheat GPT and the Bluegrass composer
- Virton Spring Workshop 2023 : starting blocks !
- Les Cours De Patrick
- Festival L'Herbe Bleue
- Winter, rencontre et transmission
- The Black Indians exhibition in the Quai Branly Museum, Paris
- Jam : déménagement réussi !
- A banjo, three fingers, many melodies.
- Thank you for your support, we continue!
- Kids On Bluegrass Europe, now 2023
- La Roche Bluegrass Workshop, souvenirs côté stagiaires et côté profs
- Calendrier 2022-2023, le chant en stages.
- Tiens !? Un stage de chant en français !
- Soirée Hootenanny & Jam, ven. 06 mai !
- Kids On Bluegrass Europe !
- Rotterdam Bluegrass Festival
- Charles Albert Tindley, Becca Wintle and tears.
- The Stack, Bluegrass Singing Workshop
- Songcatcher, Old Time music, Appalachians mountains and cinema.
- Turkey in the Straw, the controversial.
- Roger Mason, toute une vie de transmission orale
- The California Bluegrass Association, momentum ... and more!
- Virton 2022, go !
- Le Stack ! Stage de chant bluegrass en deux parties.
- PiG Society, la causette.
- Mathilde Cousin, en harmonies.
- New Bluegrass Jam in Isere!
- Les musiciens, la jam et le crayon.
- Le Winter de FBMA, une belle occasion !
- Les 50 ans de Rounder Records
- Quelque part, à un certain moment...
- Banjo Newsletter suspends publication
- There were millions of them.
- Guitare Bluegrass avec Bryan Sutton
- Doug Lang : I'll meet you on "Riverside Drive" for "Better Days".
- BBT Bluegrass Backing Tracks
- Back up Dobro, exploring the fretboard
- Tom T. Hall, the story Teller.
- Improvisation mélodique
- Bluegrass Backing Tracks
- Shove That Pig's Foot a Little Further in the Fire
- Je me lance à la mandoline !
- School of Banjo
- Acheter son premier banjo en France.
Vous aimez le Bluegrass, l'Old Time, l'Americana.
Vous aimeriez que ces musiques et leurs valeurs soient plus représentées